Friday, September 21, 2007

CT Scans for Barry today

It took Barry almost 4 hrs. to get to his appt. in Pittsburgh today for CT scans. Of course he was late, but I had his Dr's office notify them of the delay. All due to an accident. Plus to make matters worse, the same bridge was closed when he was trying to leave the city. Heard on the news tonight it was closed for Maintenance! No signs telling you that it's closed, even had cars backing out of the tunnel. So Barry had an enjoyable trip! Stress that was not needed.

His next chemo is in 2 weeks.

Had a couple of nice surprises at my job today. Someone had left a nice vanilla/grapefruit scented candle on my desk. And later a teacher delivered a beautiful mum plant to me. Asked from who, he said anonymous. So it was a pretty nice day for me. I can certainly tell you that I work with a great group of people. When I worked at another job, no one even asked how I was feeling. That was about 2 years ago. Was once told that it could have been due to the fact they didn't know what to say. Who knows. I just know that the college has been so kind to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, I just wanted you to know that I told Janet that you were so blessed to be working in her dept with such wonderful people. She told me that she was blessed even more to have you working there!!! God has certainly put you in the right place. He works that way, you know! Love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hope Barry's CT results are good! Sorry to hear he blew the day in traffic.

Working in such a loving environment must be refreshing and uplifting, Jane. I'm so happy for you to be surrounded by love and support. Love, JK