Thursday, September 27, 2007

What a great day...Wayne Newton tonight...

Wayne Newton is performing at our college tonight. He arrived in the a.m. and his dance partner Cheryl Burke from Dancing with the Stars will also be on campus. Since he is still in the running on the tv show, they need to continue to practice for next week's show while he's on tour. The college has allowed his access to the dance studio.

From the beginning of the day today, the conversation was Wayne Newton in our office. For a change, I wore something different and told others I was dressed up just in case I saw Wayne today. We had so much fun today with the excitement on campus. All the buzz made for a great day.

At one point, the college President came up to our office. I mentioned to him that if he should see Wayne, just tell him I said hi. He asked if I was going to the show and I said no since my son had a soccer game. By the end of they day, a day that began with me not really into seeing Wayne (but wanting to see Cheryl the dance partner more), I truly was disappointed that I had not bought a ticket. At about 4 p.m., someone comes up behind me as I was just finishing up for the day. Guess who?
The President of the college hands me a ticket and says "if your son's game gets rained out, here's a ticket for you." Can you believe that? I had to hug him. What a great day!

As I have said recently, after having bad days...it sure does feel good to have a good day. No blood tests this week, no chemo this week. Just so nice to feel good. And such a positive work environment. Just what one needs for support. I'm truly blessed.

Well, I have to go wash my "hair" for Wayne. Will tell you all about it tomorrow.

...daddy don't you walk so fast.....

http://www.westminster.edu/student/orgs/radio/release.cfm?id=406

UPDATED 10:45 p.m.

What a performance! Wayne performed for 2 hrs. straight. Never knew that he also plays many instruments. It truly was a memorable evening. A special treat was also being able to see Cheryl his dancing partner. She was in the audience about 4 rows from the stage. She ended up going on stage for an introduction and then they did a little dance to show what's coming up next week on the show. The performance tonight was taped by BBC and for company involved with Dancing with the Stars. Look for clipping perhaps on Monday's show about the college. Not only did the President give me the ticket to the show, he and his wife Jean sat directly next to me. Days like today make me forget the bad days.

Thanks! for a great day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi luv
so nice to hear from you this afternoon!!!! As I told u, finally got enough eye sight to read your blogs for the last seven or eight weeks. The pics of your gardens and lawn were beautiful. As with u, I had a very positive day after the real "downer" yesterday. Theropist here and worked on my walking. No more wheel chair or walker now, just cane. Got to get back and be able to drive my own car. Hate this having to depend on everyone for anything u need.
Have a GREAT Evening!!!
Dad

Anonymous said...

wondererd where you were tonight. so you blew us off for wayne!!! good for you. i know tom and his wife jean. i will tell them how much you appreciated the tickets. great people. lots of heart. glad you had fun.
love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

Jane - how wonderful to see your dad posting here again. :-)

I'm happy for you to have had such a fun day yesterday. You deserved that treat! Love, JK

Anonymous said...

No one deserves such a great day more than you Jane! I am glad your dad is doing so well. Love, Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

Jane,
Tom Fowler from our church books all of the Celebrity Series events so I knew this was a big one. He was talking all about it on Tuesday at choir practice. He was so pumped. I am so glad that you got a chance to go. What a great opportunity for you!! Marie Osmond who is also on Dancing with the Stars, will be at the Celebrity Series in Dec!!! Oh by the way, Wayne had cancelled all of his other shows except this one, once he found out he would be dancing. I think God had a plan for you!!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Jane, So glad you had a great day! You deserve it. Sounds like a wonderful show. How sweet of the President to have a ticket for you. I will definitely watch DWTS on Monday night. Enjoy the weekend! Ann

Anonymous said...

Never miss Dancing with the Stars...what a fun show you got to see. Cheryl is one of my favorite dancers from the show! Glad you got out to an entertaining event and glad to see you both at the game Friday!
bj