Sunday, September 16, 2007

Neuropathy moves to feet now

Now the bottom of my feet are showing signs of the tingling/redness. By the end of the day both feet are red on the bottom. And if I was to walk just in my socks, that hurts. Did take some aleve that seems to have relieved some of the discomfort.
Now I know what Barry has been through.

I had thought that you were to avoid hot baths/hot anything because the area would be numb and you may not feel the hotness. Well, I think I ruled that out this a.m. as I was taking a shower. Just the water hitting my fingers hurt, and it wasn't that hot. Boy, I'm going to miss my hot baths in the evening. They even recommend putting your hands and feet on ice several times during the day.

After I attended a 2 hr. training program for church this p.m., I took my 2 hr. nap. And that wasn't long enough. The fatigue has set back in, just as quickly as it had left. This week Tim has 2 away soccer games which I won't be going to due to work schedule, so that will allow me just to stay put at home. Put my feet up to rest.

That's it for now. PS. My dad got good news today. His vision improved enough to watch a whole tv show, plus he was able to take a walk with a cane (but only because someone went with him). Not able to do that himself. Keep up the good work, DAD.
And yes, used the computer for first time in over a month to send a hello email out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane, So glad to hear the news about your Dad. Keep it up! Lisa