Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Fairly good day

I actually had a fairly good day at work today. Compared to past days, felt pretty good. Still have what feels like a swollen gland and a lumpy feeling when I swallow. Back of my throat does appear to be a bit red. And one of my teeth is really hurting. Think I'm going to have to make an appt. with dentist for that. I also don't know why, but I continue to get nosebleeds when I blow my nose. They stop within a few minutes, just a nuisance though. But with these minor things, I still call today a pretty good day. Even stayed after work for an hour to help my boss with reports that needed to be printed. No nap for me today, but that's OK.

My treat today was when Tim came home from soccer practice. Asked if I wanted Subway for dinner. Of course I said yes, and he even offered to pick it up for us! I just love that he has his license. Comes in very handy! after a long day at work.

I talk with my dad every night. His blood counts are slowly getting higher. Sounds better each day. Still weak but is getting stronger every day. I also talk with my mom. I tell her how great she's been doing. Tonight when I called to speak to her, I could hear her in background crying about it being such a long day. My sister put her on the phone with me and I immediately was able to change her thoughts. I told her that my day was so much better today. And of course, I mentioned that she has certainly put on many miles these past few days and that I was very proud of her. She perked right up, even if it's only for a few moments. The next few days she will be able to stay put on the Cape and go to the Sr. citizen center which she hasn't been to this week. She does enjoy that. One thing with alzheimers, if you have a bad day it will disappear quickly from your memory anyway. I'm thankful for each and every conversation I have with her as she still knows me. Always asks me how I'm doing, along with Barry and Tim by name. I'm physicallly unable to be with her but am there totally in spirit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good day yesterday, Jane. God answered my prayer for you. I will pray today is even better. Each day is a gift to all of us.

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Jane, I am so thankful that the day was so good. I can't believe you even stayed after at work. That was great!! I'm also glad that your dad is getting stronger. I will continue to pray for all of you.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to come to the game today. It was good to be with you. The timster had a good game too! We needed our resident photographer, Barry. I hope tomorrow is a good day also. I will be thinking of you.
love ya
Becky