Friday, September 14, 2007

Cycle 2 TAXOTERE today/XELODA starts tomorrow

Had second cycle of taxotere this a.m. after meeting with oncologist. Couple things have been changed with this cycle. I did not receive any benadryl or pepcid in pre meds. After the nurse walked away and I saw the chemo already hooked up I guestioned her. Said, "did I get benadryl today cause I certainly am not sleepy as usual!?" Nope she said, wasn't on this order today. I did get usual decadron and kytrol for pre meds. I will not be taking the decadron pills like I did last cycle on the 2 days following chemo. The doctor believes that is what made me hit rockbottom the beginning of the first week. And I don't want that to happen again, a very bad low. I'm also reducing the xeloda to be only 2 pills (500 mg each) after breakfast and dinner. So therefore reducing dosage by 1000 mg. Hoping this will save my white blood cell count this cycle.

I tried to sleep a little before football game but only got 1 hr in. My goal was to see Tim play in the band as this was my first time seeing him march in a football game this year. Don't tell him but I was so proud and happy to be there that I shed some tears as I watched him play. Am so proud of him, and heck so proud of me to even be able to watch him within just a few hours of receiving chemo. Tears of joy.

The rain and lightning came right after 1/2 time. Perfect timing. Our team ended up winning when game was called by 37-0. The kids all ran into the school when it started to rain (except the tough football players).

A long day, but a productive day. Came to find out at my appt. that my next chemo would have been same day as Barry's chemo in Pittsburgh, and also my 2nd appt. with oncologist in city. No problem though, am delaying treatment until after the consultation rather than before. This way I'll be in the good frame of mind as it will be end of the 3rd week and no chemo pills! Yeah.

Time to sign off.

PS It was such a nice night at game, seeing all good friends there. Who cares about the rain. And I only wish I had more time to talk to you JK at the game. That was a real treat seeing you as I have not in a long time. God bless all of you for your hugs tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane -

I was so glad you felt well enough to go to the game and see Tim perform. You look great, and show such strength through adversity. You are an example of how to live life to the fullest, regardless of your circumstance.

It was a treat to see you, and I wish we'd had more time to chat too. Love you bunches.

- JK

PS . . . Paula remarked to me she thought you looked great!

Anonymous said...

two nights our in a row!! we must be party animals!! had fun!! get a good nights sleep. timster did great. lots of shots on goal!1
love ya
becky