Friday, February 20, 2009

2 weeks and I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes, I did have 3 friends visit with me. Brought me laughter, joy and a few tears. All of which are OK. And I drank 2 Boost Plus energy drinks during the day. My appetite is not as good as it used to be. Most things taste like cardboard. About the only thing that I find is good is plain jello and ice cream, not together. The cancer center gave me the energy drinks when I asked for them yesterday. And last evening I felt better than I had in a long time.

And it seems I am losing some hair. Yes, a side effect. Have never been bald in cold weather. Not shaving it off yet. Will give it some time. Perhaps just buzz it short, not totally off.

Yes, chemo is scheduled for next Thursday. Am not sure what is going to happen then. Perhaps reduce the amount of chemo I get or just stop it cause of the side effects which took a lot of my spirit away. Time will tell, once I converse with oncologist I will make my own personal question.. And yes, it will be a personal question.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane...Remember what I told you...ONLY you can make up your mind as to what you want to do with YOUR body. I love you very much. It is so cold and windy here today. I went to my first
3D movie today with Tina and Jamie. Had a great time.
Love you
Eileen

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane:

I'm glad to see you blogging again. Sorry that ice cream and jell-o are the only things that taste good to you -- but at least they are something that comes in lots of yummy flavors. BANANA SPLIT. :-)

Dr. Simon is a very straight-forward, blunt doctor. I was initially put off by that, but have come to learn that her approach is not a bad thing. You can ask her those "tough questions" that are personal - and she will answer you truthfully and not sugarcoat things.

You may be surprised that there are other options for you - particularly in dealing with the side effects from the chemo. Just make her aware of how you truly feel following treatments. That is what she is there for. You are in extremely capable hands - both medically and, of course, God's!!

I love you Jane!!

JK

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jane,

As usual, JK puts it perfectly! Is the DQ open yet? Sounds like it's time for some Blizzard therapy.

I'm glad you enjoyed your company. And, I'm really glad you could get those shakes down. Could Dr. Simon arrange for you to have a follow up iv of fluids just to keep you hydrated? That made a BIG difference for me after pukey chemo.

Love you! Ann L.

Anonymous said...

thinking of you Jane - keeping you in my thoughts and heart - praying that you had less pain today. you are truly so special.

anne bruening

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,
I'm glad as well to see you posting. I know you've had some tough times. I'm also glad to read from previous postings that I'm not the only one who cries and begs God to keep you and Barry well and without pain. I also thank God for the privilege of knowing you and reading about your battle. You are an inspiration. Today, I will pray that ice cream and jello will taste like a gourmet meal.
Love to you,
Denise

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,

Sending lots of love and prayers your way.

Doreen

Anonymous said...

Jane,
I enjoyed our visit Saturday. It was so good to see you. Barry and Rick seemed to chat just as much as we did. It was just so much to spend some time together the four of us. We haven't done that in awhile and I sure missed that time. Hope you are having a restful day. I am thinking of you. love ya
becky