Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thanks to all for your support

Believe me when I say this, it took me over 1 hour to read all the comments on this blog the other day. And I wanted to thank each one of you who read and/or commented this blog. So many new people/friends sent such inspiring words. From my niece Stephanie with the simple words "I love you Aunt Jane' to a person I worked with many years ago Renee. And I can't miss out on Calvin, my Valentine Angel who took the time to bring over a card along with a crocheted green rope that he made for me, symbolizing my strength as I go this new journey. And I have received many cards in the mail (much thanks to my sister's crew at her hospital). I am especially overwhelmed. Every comment brought a tear as I read them. Good tears as I am so inspired and thankful to all of you.

I was in a bit of pain today. Now I'm going to replace a pill I took last night, with another. Trying to find a good recipe. Day 2 of the decadron. Am praying that is my solution. I do think I will make it to church. Such positive energy there for me. I'ts only 90 minutes.

Busy and great week(s) are on their way. Eileen arrives March 2 via airplane, and my BIRTHDAY is March 3. I have always enjoyed my birthdays, but ever since being diagnosed with Cancer ever so much. You get a deep appreciation for the little things around you. And then "Moe" the boss arrives. And as you may know our anniversary is March 8.

Alot of social happenings coming that include Tim. On my birthday his band banquet will be held. I play it day by day on how I'm feeling. So, up in the air for that. And later in the week he's doing a flute solo in a chorus. He's the only one that will be doing that. Am very proud of him. Not the perfect person, but who is? The way I look at it, if you take the time to care for a person that's what matters.

Enough for now. Check back tomorrow. And continue to pray for my symptoms to calm down.
I just feel better knowing that I am not getting any more poison into my system. And I do expect to look forward to seeing Tim in his musical at the end of the month or when he does his solo on the flute. And for once in his lifetime, Barry can see him in all.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad to see u blogged-i did sneak in and edit your birthday date to the 3rd-must have had a kay moment-i did the other day when i went to my docters one month early but they let me stay as i always bake for them when i go and they wanted to eat the chocolate chip cookies/banana bread i made!! enjoy church love u all moe the boss i guess

Anonymous said...

Jane,
I hope to see you tomorrow in church. I keep praying the steroids make a difference like they did last time. It was so nice to spend friday evening with you and Barry. You two are always such good company. Only a couple more days till Eileen!!! I know you are excited. HOpe to see you in the morn. loveya
becky

Jenny said...

hey jane, barry and tim too. Just want you all to know you are thought of and prayed for every day.... All three of you actually ! I think of you and am glad to see you now have some hospice help coming in. please know you are not alone. with much love and many thoughts and prayers, jenny

Anonymous said...

Jame, much like a rain dance, we're all doing our "go-away-pain" dance. Glad to hear something is working. Enjoy your morning in church. Still praying....without ceasing....Bec R

Anonymous said...

Jane,
Thanks so much for the long blog. When you do that we all know that you are doing somewhat better. It's the days that we don't hear from you that we know it isn't going well at all.
Lisa P

Anonymous said...

Jane,
thinking of you on this beautiful Sunday morning- God brought you the sunshine out today to gaze at throught your if you stay at home to listen to the sermon or warm you as you go to church.
Either way- he lights your way ...each and every step.
love you,
bj

Anonymous said...

ooopsie Jane,
thoughts running too fast before my hands...can type.
meant "to gaze at through your window".

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane......ONE more day. I dont like the snow but have to think Southwest will fly. LOL See you Monday afternoon for a real hug. Love you
Eileen

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Hi Jane my mom visited this weekend and told me to share this with you. In a class in my Communication Dept. we had to pick a blog and do a 3 page paper on it. I chose yours. The point of the paper is to read and analyze the blog. My teacher asked who wanted to share their blog with the rest of the students and I did. A class of college students and a professor read your blog on a projector in class and talked about for a while. Pretty cool huh? Your story moved a lot of people who are strangers to you. You are so strong and inspirational to all! I am praying for you, as well as a lot of my classmates verbalized that they would be too!! Take care!!
Linda F's daughter Erica F. =)

Anonymous said...

Hope your medicine works so you can enjoy the visit from your sisters.
Love from all here--Matt

Anonymous said...

What the heck with this snow...news just said over a foot of snow...no wonder they cancelled my flight in the morning. I guess we will have to wait till your birthday for that hug...LOL..I can't wait. Love you
Eileen