Monday, February 16, 2009

Today's sermon- Thanks Lisa H. You are a dear friend.

LOVE CUBED LEADERSHIP

This is the place where leadership begins. Leadership begins even from that place where you feel ‘cubed’ in.
Then it continues with love.
Leadership can begin even when you feel cubed in.
Love that perhaps, has hit the wall. But in the midst of that circumstance, it is multiplied by the love of God.

Visiting Jane Kaminske this week, she had hit a wall.
Combination of chemo and another shot to rebuild her bones, ached with head to toe pain. Nothing she could do to get comfortable.
When she called, I could tell she felt cubed in.

But then we talked about love. Love for Tim. Love for Barry. Love for this church and community. The love of God which she hears as the stream in front of her house trickles by even in winter.

In the midst of this life circumstance, she is witness to that love – and offers leadership of love to the third degree on her blog.

With all of her heart, all her mind, all her soul – she puts herself out there – so that others may find peace and comfort.

We walked upstairs to her third floor. She showed me how the blog all works. She showed me this cool mechanism called a ‘sitecounter’ that allows her to track how many visits she has had since April. It even tells her where in the world, people were reading her blog. When we logged on, a reader was on in Texas and in New York and in New Castle.

Does anyone know how many visitors she has had on her blog since April?

Almost 35,000.

Now that might be 100 visitors, every day of the year.
But still, that is love cubed leadership.

With all her heart, all her soul, all her might – her love for God is being revealed daily in a way that leads other to that place of peace as well.

Exponential increase.
Even when she feels cubed in.
Love to the third degree.
Love cubed leadership.

If we want to be multiply and be fruitful,
For our children and for our children’s children –
We begin with love.

If you want to move into the promised land,
If you want to be the leadership for the next generation,
You begin with love.

That is the starting place for us as a church.
So that when we breath in scripture, and breath out service –
That first breath of scripture is informed by Mark 12 –
Which takes these words from the Shema –
When Jesus is asked, what is the greatest commandment?

To love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul and might.
Starting with that scripture, will call forth leadership in our service.

And the multiplication of all that love, heart, mind, soul, will lead to infinity and then, beyond.

Amen.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Thanks so much for those encouraging words! It is so difficult to see the ones you love in such pain. Some of you handle it much better than I do. As I think back on my life as a young person, when my mom was so very sick, many feelings surface, but most of all was the love she had for my dad, brothers and myself. Today she would have been 75 years old. My dad and I will celebrate her life having lunch together like we have for the past 8 years. You see mom went to be with the Lord at age 67, the year the twin towers went down. She was very sick most of my life and I bet she would have loved to have a blog like this one. She taught me to love, to care, and to be patient.
Jane, I pray that God will comfort you. Hold onto Him.

Lisa P

Anonymous said...

Amen.....God Bless You Jane and your family. I am praying for you.gerry

Anonymous said...

Jane...You go to a wonderful church and Lisa is a blessed person. Not just for being at the church, but for knowing YOU. We are all blessed with the love you give us, the strong belief you have the God, the way you are going thru all the cancer in your tiny body, and just for you being YOU. We love you for you, not what you can do for others or ourselves. I don't know how I would handle what you have gone thru all these years, but I would hope it would be with as much grace and love that you show us every day. You do now what is in your heart and soul as I told you on the phone. You know what your body feels more than anyone in this world. Please have a pain free day today and remember how much we all love you and are here for YOU.
All my love
Eileen

Unknown said...

Amen

Linda in Florida

Phyllis said...

Lisa, thank you for your encouragment we all need it at times. Jane I read your blogs daily, but i very seldom leave comments, because by the time im done I am in tears, most of the tears are for you and your family the others are for the memories of my brother who suffered the pain and agony of reanal cancer that mastisized through his body and his bones. To read of your pain and missory is heart reanching, remembering what my brother went through as i cared for him daily. Jane keep love in your heart and the LORD in your life and you will always have peace of mind. Prayers to you and your family. The Lord be with you always

Anonymous said...

Sorry to have missed your call yesterday!! I hope everyone noticed that Jane had updated her profile as I told her she should so people would understand her journey better!! Thanks for all the loving words and I cry as I read them!!! adios with tears!! moe

Anonymous said...

Jane,
Being away the last couple of days I can't believe how much I missed your blog. So much happens in just the hours we are away. I did see Tim on his birthday and we all sang to him in the office..as you can imagine he was thrilled....i offered him some cake but he just wanted out of there~!!! We sang for you!! I can't believe I missed such an awesome sermon from Lisa Sunday...too tired to make if to church after our trip....should have made myself go. I talked to Barry yesterday and told him to let you know I called. Rick and I will stop by probably this weekend and he will answer all your 'taxing' questions!!! Your local CPA home visit!!! I called when Barry was installing your new toilet seat!!! What a guy!! I wish I had magic words of comfort for you but it always seems that you comfort all of us with your words. Jane you really are amazing. Just know how much I love you.
Becky

Kalyn said...

I am a college student in the area (bet you can't guess which college I go to! haha) and I have been going to NWPC since August... I have heard a lot about you Ms. Kahminske, and found a link to your blog through Lisa's. I am inspired each time I return to your blog.

Lisa is a blessing. Before I even got accepted to WC she had me committed to helping with JHYG... I go to NWMC as well... And since I've met her, she has become a dear friend. She never ceases to amaze me. Her thoughts and words are always encouraging, understanding, and helpful.

God bless you in this journey, I pray that He gives you comfort.

I am praying,
Kalyn

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you Jane. Praying for you each day. Hope today you have less pain and nausea.

Love You and God Bless.
JoAnn S.

Anonymous said...

Exponential love ...what a great idea Lisa and how better to actually see it than through this, Jane's blog. Jane, you and your fellas and sisters have had quite a "trickle down" effect on everyone who reads community wide, county wide, state wide and nation wide! And what greater love can a guy show than a new toilet for valentine's day. Barry, you're terrific!!! You too Tim. Keep the love growing and I'll keep praying. Bec R

Anonymous said...

Another Pastor's lesson on Love Cubed Leadership:

http://crumbytheology.blogspot.com/2009/01/theology-and-geometrylove-cubed.html

Anonymous said...

awesome sermon and how wonderful you were part of it, jane.
love,
bj

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane!

Glorifying God in our lives is what we as Christians are to do - through the good times and the bad. I think it is WONDERFUL that you were used as an example in your pastor's sermon. It is a lesson to all of us believers on what to do when facing troubles.

I hope you feel well today. :-) Any word on the results of Barry's scans last week?

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Hey Wonderwoman: Let's see if I can type and cry at the same time. My wish for you this week is for peace, managed pain control and restful days/nights. You are always on my mind and in my heart!
Love Ya's,
Debs ;-}