Sunday, January 20, 2008

Kidney stone plus 1 on way

Just a quickie. This evening was spent in ER since I had what was my 3rd episode of bad abdominal pain. Besides this a.m. at 3:30 a.m. and most recent was at about 6:30 p.m. tonight. Tonights was so bad that I couldn't take it, asked Barry to take me to hospital. Had urine test, abdomen CT scan and chest x-ray that showed blood in urine and two kidney stones. One that has been causing the past 3 episodes and the other hasn't bothered me yet! They gave me a shot of toradol (not sure of spelling). Due to the size being only 3 mm I did not have to stay in hospital. I have to screen my urine to "catch" the stone which will appear to look like pepper or rice. Very small but causes so much pain. Have to call my doctor in a.m. and probably follow up with urologist. I have to drink water which I admit I am not good doing so.

Pooped now so hopefully heading to bed, not knowing what will happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane........I had that once when I was in Fla and had to come home the next day. I know the pain you are in and it does hurt bad. I hope they pass quickly for you. One more thing you didn't need. It is so cold here. I wouldn't have wanted to be out at the Pat's game, never mind the one with the Packers. Toooooooooooo cold for me. Hope you feel better.
Eileen