Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A renewed life

Tomorrow I have an appt. with my primary dr. at 9:30 a.m. Since I saw him on the 3rd, I've been weaning myself off of the narcotic pain med. He had given me a schedule which I followed and tonight I will be taking the last 20 mg. of the med.
Going back to work no way means that I'm pain free. I don't even know when or if that will ever happen. By mid afternoon my chest becomes so heavy and uncomfortable prompting me to take a couple alleves. So come tomorrow I don't know what to expect with the amount of pain that I could get. Time will tell. Plus I'm hoping that returning to work will take my mind off of the existing pain I still feel.

I still have a few dr. appts. this month and I'll also be having a CT scan on my chest/abdomin as it is coming up to 3 months. Boy does time fly when you're having fun. (I wish) I was showing Barry the scar today and he didn't realize that it was only a week and a day since I had the last surgery. You know, considering that, I'm doing pretty good!

And after my appt., I head directly to work for 1/2 day hours to start. Of all things, I know to watch what I can and can not do. It works both ways, I'm looking forward to seeing my co-workers and they are looking forward to seeing me. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

U WILL SHINE AT WORK TOMORROW AS YOUR NEW PLASTIC SKIN GRAFT SHINES!! Enjoy being with your work friends!! love ya,moe

Anonymous said...

Jane.....G O O D L U C K.....on Wednesday. Take care, gerry

Anonymous said...

Wishing you tons of luck tomorrow at work and at the drs. appt. You are a great person of strength! You are admired and just unbelieveable. You keep coming back with a renewed sense of purpose and love for life. You are God's blessing to all of us who encounter you!
Everyone is rooting for you!!!!
bj