Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Work

It was nice seeing everyone today at my job after I had my dr. appt. So many people emailed me to welcome me back. Nice. But I did what I said I would not do, I worked too long. Only was able to work 3 1/2 hrs. and that was too much right now. Am paying for it now. I only wish I had known that it was too much. Doctor knows that even though I'm off narcotic meds I'm still in pain, so he did prescribe another pain med instead. Only problem was I didn't fill it until after I had worked those hours. And as you know, it's very important to stay ahead of the pain.

Went right to bed but was unable to get comfortable at all as pain was too much. Not able to sleep or stop the pain. For some reason even my legs ache as if I was getting the flu. Took a bath this evening but still achy. Tim got us heros in town for dinner so that worked out great.

So tomorrow I'll head in to work being smarter than I was today. Work less hours and do as others have told me, take it easy. Smooth your way in to the job.

And as always with my blog, I write honestly of how I feel. Thanks.


Update 10 p.m.
Pain has subsided to the point it had been at. Am thankful for that and the meds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. Tomorrow will be a better day. Love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane -

We all learn lessons the hard way. But now you know you will need to pace yourself.

Before long you will be in your new normal routine. And it will be a wonderful new routine.

I'm so glad you were welcomed back so warmly - doesn't surprise me one bit! You are loved and were missed by many.

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Jane,

I hope you took it a little easier at work today. I'm glad that you are able to be back with such a great support system. It's very healing, isn't it? I'll remember you next Friday for your scans too. Love, Ann