Thursday, January 10, 2008

Reducing pain meds

I'm doing really good weaning myself off of the oxycodone pain meds. I started the schedule that my doctor gave me last Friday by slowly reducing the daily dosages. And as of today I am now taking 50% of the dosage I had been taking since surgery in November. And when the pain starts to show up mid afternoon, I am taking over the counter meds. Scale of 1-10 I would say it's about a 3.

Will be calling the plastic surgeon in a.m. Hard to believe that tomorrow will be 5 days since the biopsy. Am hoping they have the results to give me. Don't ask me why, but I have not thought much about the results. I do know waiting is the worst but for some reason I've been calm this week. Must be getting used to waiting..
Can't wait to go back to work. I even had my neighbor who also works at the college call me this p.m. She has offered to drive me if needed when I return to work, which will probably be in a part time status until I get my body used to it. I thought that was a very nice offer.

Last night Tim made a batch of home made chocolate chip cookies for one of his class food parties which are held weekly on Thursdays. I on the other hand made the tear apart kind, took the easy way out. But his classmates frown upon taking the easy way out so he took it upon himself to do it the good ole way. Did it himself, even cleaned up afterwards. I was quite impressed.

Then he comes home from school today and announces that when he returned to his locker from lunch, the cookies were GONE. Earlier he had given a couple to his friends. Guess word got out. Don't know why, but this really upset me. So therefore he had nothing to bring to his class party. He has heard of a few involved but will not confront them. Too good of a kid. Even he couldn't believe that classmates would do this to him. Heck, all they would have to do was to ask for some next time he baked them. If they steal cookies, what else will they steal?

My sister's doing pretty good. Says she is still sore and I said to her "no shit."
You've had major surgery. That made her laugh. And I said that it had only been 4 days and not to worry. Just rest as you tell others to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll keep our fingers crossed and pray.

Vinny