Monday, November 14, 2005

Chemo-brain

Yes, there truly is a condition called chemo-brain. And at times I do believe that I have it. "People who have chemo-brain may find themselves unable to concentrate on their work, or unable to juggle multiple tasks. Some find they don't remember things as well as they used to.

Subtle or not, chemo-brain is frustrating to patients, who may suddenly find themselves unable to accomplish tasks they formerly completed with ease. And it's a mystery to doctors, who are still trying to understand what causes it and who is likely to suffer." The above statements are from an article I read by American Cancer Society.

The good news is that it should disappear in a year or two. Hard to explain what I feel in my head. At times my head seems so cluttered, not clear. Not sure if it's related to my personal situation, dealing with my own cancer along with dealing with Barry's cancer. I've always been one to rely on notes to remind myself but moreso now. I feel guilty when I'm feeling a bit down, as Barry is fighting for his life and is not outwardly complaining. I wonder if you get PMS when you no longer get your periods? Funny, huh! Could blame it on that.

I've always been honest and this is just another honest posting. Didn't help that today was a day from heck at work. You always pay for a holiday.

Thanks for listening. Tomorrow will be better day. And as my best friend Jody has told me: CANCER SUCKS

PS. Just got called to chaperone at Saturday's playoff game. Agreed to as this will be my first time doing so. Am pleased to be able to help out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...ummm, maybe you're having "senior moments". Lord knows I have plenty of them lately. :)

Well, I think I do, but I can't remember.