Friday, November 04, 2005

Friendship

Tim went to a sleepover with a few of his buddies after school today. Hopefully it won't be a night without sleep. Worked out good that Lisa could chauffeur him to the party and I will do the reverse drive home.

I had an appt. after work to meet with Fr. Philip at our church. There was an article in the church bulletin looking for eucharistic ministers. And it caught my eye. I called him and this meeting was scheduled. When we lived on Long Island I was one. We met for about 1/2 hr. They will schedule a get together soon to go over the instructions. Perhaps by the first of the year I will be doing this for the church.

After I left the rectory, I called in for my messages at the house. One was from Barry, the other from my friend BJ. Barry had another weekly chemo appt. I actually thought it was going to be a non-chemo day because it wasn't listed on his appt. paper. But he did get it. That guy is so strong, along with good veins. Probably the first of the year he will have another PET scan.

BJ's message was asking if we wanted to go out to dinner as a group. I called her on my cell phone at the right time. Since I had nothing planned for the evening I said sure. I can't believe that I've gone out to dinner two weeks in a row with friends. As they say, only in America! I've got such wonderful friends. Tina and her two boys, the Hoppes, BJ and her guys and me. An evening with uninterrupted conversation. I love it. Truly priceless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were happy you decided to come along with all of us. Everyone enjoyed your company.
We must do that more often.
The weather has been spectacular with all the fall colors.
The game(stadium) was packed...wonder who we are playing in the playoffs...we should know soon.
bj