Monday, November 21, 2005

Things I am thankful for...

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is a few days away. I've decided to write down a few things that I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for:

Dr. Henwood, my surgeon
Dr. Garrow, my oncologist
Dr. Ulewicz, my radiation oncologist
the nurses and radiation technicians at the Cancer Center
the ability to reach up high without any pain
the ability to reach without any pain
the power of pain killers
the ability to sleep all night
not having any more night sweats
no more neulasta
no bad side effects from chemo and radiation
no more periods
all the delicious meals that my angels made for us
to all who chauffer Tim to and from activities
for such a great support system which consists of Barry and Tim, my family and my many old and new friends. And above all, I'm thankful to God for being by our sides these past few months.

I have never asked why, it's not my place to do so. I never knew the strength that both Barry and I have until now. I hope that others can learn from our ordeal as I have learned from others.

Best of luck to my bosom buddy who is having surgery tomorrow a.m. She's one of my angels.

No comments: