Sunday, November 06, 2005

A windy but enjoyable day

The only time I left the yard today was to go to church and grocery store. We had a little bit of everything today. But the common thing was wind. Very windy at times. Yesterday I bought the bagger attachment for our tractor, and today Tim attempted to gather up the leaves in it. But this year it seems that all the leaves are coming down at once. He would make one sweep of the lawn and it would be filled. And then the rain came. Didn't last for long, but enough that he had put the mower away. The wind proved to be our friend though today. Most of the leaves that were in the yard blew away. Tim will clean up the rest tomorrow. He has no school.

For dinner I thawed out some chicken soup that I had froze a couple of months ago. One of our angels, Kelly, had made it for us. And today was the perfect time to thaw it out. It will also make a good lunch this week.

Barry's parents arrive tomorrow afternoon. We're looking forward to their visit. Not sure exactly when. I've made an apple pie this afternoon in preparation for their arrival. I've also made tomorrow's dinner as they may be here when I come home from work. This way it's all done. Did my household chores, just about done. Last thing to do will be to "tidy" up my kitchen counter.

PS. No naps this weekend!

No comments: