Wednesday, November 23, 2005

First snow of season

Got about an inch of snow last night. Drove home in a blizzard. Internet was down all yesterday evening. Terrible service.

Well, today was another repeat of yesterday with more snow. Tim had a flute lesson scheduled for 6 p.m. but we didn't make it. In order to get there, we would have had to go down a very big hill (Volant) and there was no way I was going to attempt that. I told Tim that I just got through cancer and I wasn't going to kill both of us in a car accident. I pulled along side of the road, at the top of the hill, and could tell no one else was going down it. The cars coming up the hill were swerving all around. Put my blinkers on and turned around. Other cars followed. I then called and canceled the lesson. Not worth it.

Barry had put the turkey in the oven already as we had left for the lesson. So it worked out fine that I could continue to do the dinner. Barry's not been feeling good this past week. And today was no exception. There is discomfort in the area of the tumors. He went for his scheduled flu shot and did see an oncologist. Was given another prescription for pain killer. Past couple of days he has been taking them, but it does cause nausea. It just seems that the pain comes back when he is not receiving chemo. His next treatment is next week.

Barry rested as dinner was prepared. Got up to eat with us but didn't even finish his plate. Very unusual for him. He continues not to complain. It saddens me to know he is not feeling well. He is my hero.

So now that Thanksgiving dinner is done, I can rest tomorrow. I plan to stay in bed late. Tim is going to the shooting range in preparation of catching his first deer next week! Not sure if I'm rooting for him or for my deer....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is snow? it is 78 today for us not much sun but warm..
you barry and tim have a nice turkey day...

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! I'm not going to tell you to keep the faith, because the three of you do every day. You guys are my heros! Love ya, Mary Lou