Saturday, November 12, 2005

I helped out at the band's pie sale pickup this morning for about 3 hrs. Felt good to finally give some of my time to others. The band sold over 800 pies! I bought 3. And I already cooked one (just finished having a piece of the verry berry pie).
Delicous. I had to cook it, no room in the freezer! Good excuse.

After I came home, we did more raking of leaves in the front wooded section and garden section. And then we burned them. Oh, the good ole' smell of leaves burning. Bet you miss that smell, Dad. Yard is looking pretty good.

Barry worked a long time on my truck today. My windshield washer fluid wasn't pumping. But he finally diagnosed the problem and got the part for it, along with a new battery. So I'm in good shape.

Tim took off after noon to meet up with some band friends. They were playing at the playoff game this evening. Barry and I decided to stay home. Instead we did the shopping for my truck, Chinese buffet and then grocery store.

So it has been a productive 2 days for me and our lawn. Love being outside.

Barry's folks arrived home after about a 12 hr. trip. Glad I'm flying there next month and not driving. I can not stand that trip. Too long for me. We had a great time with them. Now I have to see if my mother-in-law will post on my blog after I showed her how to.

As for the chicken shit recipe, I'll post it soon.

Just heard on radio that our team WON 34-20 tonight! Guess Tim and the band aren't done playing football games yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They actually drove themselves from there to here and back?
WOW.thats great.......God Bless them!

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Game was very good one! But cold last night...the band had a good time! I kept a mother's eye on Tim for you! Where will we go next to play...we don't know and we could play into December. We are allowed to get the kids white gloves for the band but I think we will need to get them hand warmers to go along with them. See you at mass this am. Thanks for the morning call ...it was so nice. If Sean were only faster :)
bj