Saturday, November 19, 2005

Football season is now over

This morning Barry and I went shopping for shades for our first floor. We've been here 3 years and are now finally dressing the house up. We've ordered them and should have them in a couple of weeks. Will add insulation and warmth to the house.

Snuck in a quick nap before I brought Tim for band practice. I went to the school about an hour after he got there. I was able to help load all the musical instruments into the van. It was fun helping out. I got to chaperone the bus that Tim and the freshmen were on. On the way to the game, the exchange student Julia sat with me. She arrived in August and will stay until the end of the school year. She lives near Russia, someplace like Muldavia. Not sure of name. She has already graduated from school. Told me that she is taking calculus class here and that it is so easy. Compared to her education she told me that classes are easier here. Very smart girl. Communicates via email with her parents and sends digital pictures to them. She will be going with the band to Disney in April and is quite excited about it. Also told me that the dress code is different here. There she would be wearing high heels and dresses to school. She speaks about 5 different languages. I enjoyed talking with her.

As I sat in the bus I thought of how proud I was to be there. To have this opportunity of helping out in such a small way meant a lot to me. And chaperoning these kids is not work at all. A bunch of good kids.

I sat with Jody and her husband at the game. Barry sat with the Hoppe family. I knew it was going to be a long game when the other team scored a 90 yard touchdown within the first 14 seconds of the game. The score ended up being 21-0. We were the 0 score. So ends the football season and the band's marching. I certainly have enjoyed this season though. I've met so many wonderful people.

Barry couldn't wait to warm up after the game. Hottub and shower finally did the trick, along with tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I wasn't cold at all.
Terrible feeling when you are that cold. He's already under the covers now.

Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is this week. Followed by Tim's first hunting experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The end of Football season is a bit sad in this house. I miss the game and the band friends that we see every week. Glad to hear all of you are doing well. Wish Tim luck on his first hunting trip. I know that if Tom was around he would be going right along with him. Keeping you all in our prayers. Have a great, relaxing Thanksgiving. Love to all.