Thursday, November 10, 2005

Today was my Friday at work because we're off tomorrow for Veteran's Day. It was made even better because it was a jeans day. I wish we could wear jeans everyday. For some reason, I feel people's attitudes are more relaxed while wearing jeans. I can never understand the need to dress up when you have no direct contact with the public. Oh well, that's life. Tim does have school tomorrow though. Lucky kid.

Since tomorrow is Friday, Barry will be going for his weekly chemo treatment. His mother will be going with him. I think this is a very nice gesture and am sure Barry will appreciate her company. When his brother was here he also went with Barry. Last night Barry wasn't able to sleep well. And the usual routine after chemo is being unable to sleep. I feel spoiled when I get a good night's sleep. And now when I do hear him snore, it's a good noise because I know he's sleeping.
Which for him is a treat. There were a couple of recent days that he stayed in bed late in morning. I told him that's good, with everything he's going through why not.

Today Barry took his parents into Ohio. They went to the apple orchard and bought more apples. I've really been enjoying the apples this year.

For dinner I made what I call "Jane's chicken shit". If you're one of the lucky ones, you've tasted it. Made with chicken tenderloins, bread cubes, chicken soup sauce over broccoli. Very tasty and easy. I had got it partially prepared before I went to work this morning.

Not sure what activities are planned for tomorrow. Time will tell.

PS. I showed my mother-in-law how to post on my blog this evening. I look forward to reading her first post!!

No comments: