Friday, March 03, 2006

It's my 50th BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

My job gave me a great celebration today. Desk decorated, balloons, pizza, candy and cheesecake. They also made signs all around the building with my picture on it telling people how old I was and to say hi to me. Very nice day.

I called the hospital this a.m. and have moved my biopsies up to be this coming Monday. I don't think I could have lasted 2 weeks. So that made my day.

Barry's having the worst day since being diagnosed today. Didn't sleep at all last night due to aches. And today he's in a lot of discomfort. Sweating and just feeling shitty. Did see his dr. this morning. Had not expected to, but was given the neulasta shot which we had been given previously. and of course, that causes body aches. He was in no mood to disagree with them. Said he slept most of the day. Hate seeing him this way. But have to think cancer cells are being killed.

I did go out to dinner with my girlfriends Becky, Marian and Kelly. They bought me flowers and treated me to a great dinner. Friendship: you can't beat it. Didn't know whether I should go or not, but Barry said to. I think he just didn't care what I did. It's hard for me to know what to do to help him out. Guess just being there if he needs me is all I can do.

Again, thanks to everyone for making this day very special.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It certainly is! You go girl. Here's to another 50! Love, Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

39 Forever. ;)

Hugs,
TimBa

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jane! Celebrating with your girlfriends sounds good! Am sorry to hear that your mamogram news wasn't what you wanted. Postitive thinking has gotten you this far. Keep your chin up. We are all praying for continued strength and successes. Love to Barry and Tim

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jane! You old girl. Keep it up and you're going to catch up to me.

I hope Barry is feeling better. Sorry to hear of his pains.

Say hello to Tim.

Love Vinny

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the "Over 50 Club"! It's not sso bad once you get here.
Glad to hear that you had a good time with the girls.