Tuesday, March 07, 2006

No results

Last night I didn't sleep very well. Kept waking up. At about 1 a.m. I did take another percocet for the pain. Since I did not work today, I let Tim take shower first. Then I got in shower and took the dressing off of my breast. I noticed fresh blood in the dressing. I didn't even get the conditioner out of my hair and I felt as if I was going to faint. I think the combination of going into a steamed room and seeing the blood did it to me. I immediately went and crashed on my bed. I had planned on going to see Dr. G. with Barry for his blood work and check up. Told Barry I was going to stay home. But he encouraged me to go with him, a chance to show Dr. G. the results of yesterday's biopsy. I did get up and dressed. Barry had his weekly blood work and all the tests were perfect! Another appointment has been made for next week. Barry continues to stay out of work, the first time since being diagnosed.

My breast is pretty much bruised today. But that was to be expected from all the probing done yesterday. You'll just have to imagine the colors, I'm not going to post on my blog!

Took a couple of catnaps during the day which felt good.

Had expected to hear the biopsy results from Dr. G. today but he never called. Have to think that no news is good news.

Will be returning back to work tomorrow. I want to thank Cara, my nurse from the hospital for showing interest in reading about our lives. You see, that is why I do this: to share with others what we are going through. It's my form of therapy. And to think it all began when Becky and Marian gave me a diary last year after one of my surgeries. But writing down my thoughts with pen and paper was tiring, typing online is a breeze. So I guess I have to thank my 2 friends for this blog idea.

UPDATE: At about 8 p.m. tonight, while I was at soccer game with Tim, Dr. G. called Barry and said that he had not heard any news on my biopsy. He was actually still at his office. Said he would check in with hospital in morning. Just wanted to make sure that I knew no results were given to him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane and Barry....Happy anniversary to you two!!!!!Take care gerry and family

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Barry and Jane!

Here's to GOOD NEWS today. You deserve it!