Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Barry's home

I was at the hospital this morning before 9 a.m. (stuck in city traffic). Had to wait around for some meds to be given to him. We got home by 11:30 a.m. Barry walked from the hospital (no wheelchair) into the parking garage. He's like the energizer bunny.
No nausea, doing wonderful. Slept a bit on the ride home, plus on the couch in the afternoon. We even got ashes at the hospital for Ash Wednesday. That was a plus as I was trying to figure out when I would do that.

In 7 weeks he will go back for another CT scan. And he will have blood work weekly which can be done at our local cancer center. They will be able to fax results to UPMC.

After filling some prescriptions for him, I took a nap. And as my dad told me, took some tylenol. Sure we'll sleep good tonight.

Thanks to all! again.

PS. I go for my mammogram tomorrow morning. First complete mammo since being diagnosed a year ago!!

PSS. 10:25 p.m. and I'm once again enjoying the sound of Barry snoring....Just don't tell him...

2 more days and I'm 50!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, glad eveything went well for Barry. Will be thinking about you tomorrow....good luck. gerry

Anonymous said...

Jane, Happy Birthday....have a wonderful day!!! Ahhhh to be 50 again. Take care, gerry

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE:
tell barry we are thinking of him and we are happy everything went well for him..