Sunday, December 14, 2008

Another day great to be alive

I woke up this a.m. by 8 a.m. and immediately felt that it was good to be alive. Had not felt that way in months. I felt a need to go shopping out at the outlets so I eventually grabbed Tim to drive me there. Actually he did quite a lot of knick knack shopping for himself and I didn't buy anything for myself. But that's OK, as I was walking around the stores I felt good to be alive.

After the outlets were done, I came home and took a much needed nap. Woke up just in time to be sung to by carolers from local Presbyterian Church that we attend. I don't think I can ever remember that having been done to me in all my life. They all came on a tractor. Songbooks in their hands, and full of joy in their songs.
A truly touching moment. Thanks to all who came and once again brought joy to us.

For dinner we went to Tim's girlfriend's house for a small Christmas gathering. It was such a nice time, and I thought to my self had this been 2 weeks ago I would not have been able to sit for that period of time without an ache or two.

Yes, Eileen you have a good memory. Tomorrow I meet with Dr. Mintz radiologist surgeon from 10 days ago and then go across the street to another hospital to meet with Dr. Burton about the possible need for additional radiation to my brain. Either way, I can take the news. Have already done so once, so what's another time?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane: Sending prayers your way for good appointments this morning.

Love you, JK

Unknown said...

Jane,
I am so thankful that during this time of the year when we celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, that you are able to enjoy life!!! You sound terrific.

Lisa P

I will be praying for smooth appts.

Anonymous said...

One more time -- AMAZING! Love, Mary Lou