Saturday, December 20, 2008

It feels great to be alive..

Tim took me to a mall today. And the whole time I was thinking, it feels great to be alive! At times I just stood still. Thinking of the past few months. Where I've been and where I'm about to go. And for the first time in a long time I had nice clear thoughts in my head. Sort of put the past in the past. The words that are said during these days have an extra special meaning this year: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. And for those of you that are having trouble still, believe me your time will come. You will also feel the joy that I'm presently feeling. Just keep focused on the future. Stay positive.

I've been there.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I couldn't believe it when I got the call from you asking me where Sheely's was!!! You sounded like you were going to jump out of your skin from shear enjoyment of shopping with Tim and just being alive and feeling good. May God continue to heal you.

Lisa P

Anonymous said...

I always tell other survivors that they will feel normal again someday - it will just be a new normal. And that is not necessarily a bad thing.

How lucky we are to get that "second chance" at life, and be able to appreciate each moment of each day.

Enjoy the moment. :-)

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Talk about truly living the spirit of Christmas! I am so happy for you, Jane!

What a wonderful time of year to feel this rebirth. Such a gift, and you convey it so beautifully to us!

Here's to living!

Love, Ann

Anonymous said...

I should have given you my list too. LOL Hope you had a great time with Tim. We are getting slot of snow again today. Enough is enough......Have a great day and love you
Eileen

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. As a former hospice nurse, it gives me great insight into what it's like for a cancer survivor and how the smallest of things can bring you so much joy. It was great to be with you in church today and see first hand how well you are doing. Tell Tim that I never saw such a devoted son at age 18 than he is in all my years of nursing. What a blessing he is to you!
Bev

Anonymous said...

I want to post that on my refrigerator for everyone to see. Those are truly words of wisdom.
love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!! You are such an inspiration to me "My Hero". I send lots of love and hugs to you. I will be looking forward to our lunch in the New Year. Merry Christmas again to you and all of your family.

Much Love,
JoeAnn