Saturday, December 27, 2008

Surprise Mom and Dad...

Barry, Tim and I surprised my parents and went to Cape Cod. And they were truly surprised. I had told my sisters and brother that we were going and to keep a secret. Also told a couple others who did what they were told to do. Good job!

We left for our journey at 4 a.m. right on time. Stopped to see his cousin Deb and her parents who live in Ct. Barry had brought her a computer from spare parts as hers just died. One person's trash is another person's gold. Basically a new computer, glad someone is using it. We visited for a couple of hours, hadn't seen them for a few years. Then we got back on the road for another 2 1/4 hrs.

At about 4 p.m. Barry gave me permission to call my dad and I did. Before telling him where we were I told him that I felt a desire for lobster. Finally I told him where we were. Talk of surprise. Sure did surprise him.

My away message today said "Family is best medicine." That was a clue I had left.
I am so excited to be with family. It's been a long year. And just glad to be alive.

To everyone that helped me keep this secret, THANKS!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure was a hard one to keep.....LOL......We did it tho. I just wish I could be there to see you all. I wouldn't dare go near any of you having the flu. Hard to believe Jamie, Tina and I all got sick around the same time. Jamie was sleeping over with me and Tina was home. He had me playing Wii last night. That was a joke LOL He was laughing so hard he almost wet his pants cuz on the bowling game I got 4 gutter balls in a row. Have a wonderful time at the Cape. Love you all...Eileen

Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to make the trip. Have a great visit! I know you love your family very much and you are blessed to have them.

Lisa P

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise for your family, and wonderful boost for you, Jane! I'm so happy for all of you to be able to be together!

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Just the fact that you feel good enough to make such a trip is awesome. You continue to amaze me with your strength. I am so glad you get to be with your family for the holidays. Merry Christmas! Marie D

Anonymous said...

A TWELVE HOUR surprise trip and we have full FAMILY FOR THE
HOLIDAYS whow WHAT A SURPRISE
Dont know how THEY do it, but both are real fighers.
We will enjoy every MOMENT while they are with us. lIFE IS SO SHORT!! And yes, I will be sure they a lot of fish, and lobsters too.
Dad

Anonymous said...

what a great adventure - loved celebrating your mysterious surprise. eat some lobsters for all of us! LNH

Anonymous said...

dad really was surprised with lots of happy tears!!!nice to see all of u!! adios moe with mom's demential everything is a surprise!!