Thursday, December 11, 2008

Every day is a bit easier...

Each day I'm allowing myself to accomplish the stuff which I had put off. Like cleaning out my drawers. Taking it easy, no rush. But am enjoying it. And now my drawers are in order. Still have to ponder my checking account statements from April! In just looking around the house, it just seems to be in good shape. Tree isn't up yet, but that should happen soon. Wreath is up and our welcome lights are always on in the windows.

And emotionally I feel so much better than I had the past couple of months. I do believe that my body was crying 'cause it knew something was bad inside and was getting bigger. Just a feeling that I have. It seemed that I cried almost daily over just little things.

Did not take any additional pain meds today for the first time. That is good news.
Looking forward to seeing surgeon and radiation oncologist on Monday. I'll be having my stitches out of my head and then will meet to discuss the need if any for future radiaition of my brain.

So yes, I'm at ease finally. Last night at the band concert I was trying to think back over the past few months of what has happened to me, and it was just a blur. I think blurry things are put in your mind for a purpose.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jane, When I think back to my sickness, it is quite a blur too. Some things stick out like when our cat Candy would sit on the back of my chair with me day in and day out and she loved Apple Castle donuts that I would share with her!!! And of course, all of the love & support my family received during that time. But the details of the sickness, no. I think God shows us the light in every situation and helps us to forget.
Your day sounds great!! Don't forget to watch the Hounds on Saturday on PCN which is Channel 35 on Comcast and 47 on Armstrong. Ben told me that the band is playing pre game and half time because the other team doesn't have one. So make sure you start watching by 12:30 in case they have the band on too.
I'm so glad you made it through the band concert. We are all so proud of our kids!!! Seniors!!
Have a great day and keep blogging. I love reading your postings.
Lisa P

Anonymous said...

Jane,
I'm very pleased to hear that you are feeling better. It's been a very long time with so much pain. It's about time you feel some relief.
Take care and God Bless,
Vinny