Friday, December 19, 2008

Got fitted for another Mask-cyberknife once more

Today Barry and I went to Pittsburgh for me to be fitted for another Mask/cyberknife once more. The actual mask took about 5 minutes to be molded on my face. The wax they use is hot, and they just rested on my fact for about 5 minutes. Is made out of many holes so one can breathe. This procedure was much easier than the first one I had a few months ago. I was still in the hospital and as Eileen remembers that was not a good day for me. A lot easier today. We then took this mask that was created across the street to another hospital to have an MRI done, with and without the mask on. This took about the longest. Think it was more than 90 minutes, not sure 'cause I actually was able to doze since I took an ativan before. The next steps involve the dr. co-ordinating where the radiation is going to be aimed. This could take about 10 days. Probably after Christmas. And voila, procedure was complete and we left Pittsburgh. By the way, we only had lots of rain today. You can keep the snow.

Tomorrow Tim has volunteered to take me to a mall. I've been nagging everyone lately. And to think I'm not a shopper usually. But for some reason it's in my head to go shoppping. I've been thinking about what I've been through these past few months, how lucky I've been feeling. Who would have guessed that I would have gone through 2 procedures with the brain within a few months of each other. I call it a second chance on life. And for me to be without pain is such a greatful relief. Any more blessings I get are a bonus to me. I truly feel blessed.

Hard to believe next week is Barry's birthday and Christmas. House is all decorated. No cards have been mailed. May just send out some electronic email to update people who don't realize what has happended to us these past couple of years.
Whatever I do, it will be simple.

Again, thanks to all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear the mask fitting was much easier this time. Have fun shopping, Jane! You deserve a fun day out. Hope you get a lot done. I'm not sending cards out this year either. Sort of freeing, isn't it? :) Enjoy! Love, Ann

Unknown said...

Jane,
At this time of the year it is extra special to be celebrating your life. God is the great physician and I know he has had a hand in everything. He has blessed you with a time to spend with your family and celebrate Christ's birth. Hope you have fun shopping!!!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey sista!

Too bad that wax couldn't double as a facial, too!

Have fun shopping - you deserve to!

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

I am glad the mask is made and wasn't as bad as last time. That was an awful day for you. We got about a foot of snow and maybe 8" tonight and tomorrow. Poor Marlo had a hard time going out last night, snow was up and over her legs. LOL Roger made paths for her this morning. Have fun shopping and get something good for yourself. Love u all
Eileen