Sunday, December 07, 2008

Best night of sleep in such a long time..

Was in my bedroom by 11 p.m. and still after listening to my clock radio it was 1:11 a.m. Just layed there with my decadron (steroid) which is slowly being reduced daily for about 15 days. Next time I was up for bathroom and I don't know what time that was. And voila, 7:45 a.m. came up and I said to myself "Geez, that was a GOOD sleep." I needed that. Took my meds and hopped back into bed for a couple more hours and then partially listened to my church service on the radio. And I was able to stay in my pjs'. Got dressed for the day and already blogging. right now whatever pain I had is mostly in the past. My headturning excersises are working, just need to work on the up and down of head. No complaints.

Forecast is snow showers most of the week. Inch or 2 daily. Tim's gone for paper and then will shovel a bit. He has to be at local Nutcracker Suite for NHS, total of 4 hrs.

Now I'm heading downstairs. Am being very careful in my walking as I'm not a steady walker right now. But that will improve. Heck, I just had someone cutting muscles and bone in my skull on Wednesday. Incredible. And it took just 90 mins. Wow.

Thanks for your continued prayers. They are working.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job and get the walker if u need it-only a cellar away!! ADIOS MOE

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are home and having relief from the pain. Take care. Love you, Crys

Anonymous said...

So great to hear you are feeling well today, Jane! You are amazing! Love, Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane - love reading this nice long blog from you today. I hope you sleep as well tonight.

Love, JK

Unknown said...

Jane, God is the Great Physician!! I can't believe how short the surgery was and how quickly you were able to come home!! I pray that the walking becomes easier every day and the pain becomes less. We love you.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hello Wonderwoman: So happy that you are home! I will continue to send lots of well wishes and prayers your way. Keep up the walking, but be carefully and just take it at turtle speed for now. I wish you a great day, just kick back and watch the snowflakes......
Love Ya-
Debs :-}

Anonymous said...

HI Jane, I am glad you are home and a short stay in the hospital. Nothing like being in your own home and bed. Glad you had a good nights sleep etc. You continue in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Jane,

I am so glad to hear that you are home. Mom and I have been praying for you. I can't wait to let her know you are no longer in the hospital. Keep up the fight; I know you can do it! You are such an inspiration.

With love,

Maureen Graney (the other Mo)
Pat Salmen (Breast Cancer Survivor, Westminster College Retiree)

Anonymous said...

wonderwoman is a good nickname for you...it is so appropriate. it was so great to talk to you on the phone yesterday...you brightened my whole day...i didn't worry about you all day after i heard your cheerful voice. i hope you had a good monday....saw the timster in school today with his bright smile... stay warm...
love ya
becky