Thursday, March 24, 2005

Day after lumpectomy

Tim and I got hair cuts today. Tim got one since it was so long, and I got one as a special treat.
I am unable to wash it, so I thought it would be treat to have it done by Retta at the beauty parlor. They were totally booked, but I told the receptionist to tell Retta that I had called for appt. Within a few minutes, she called and I was able to get it cut in the afternoon. Wow, did that feel good. She and I discussed wigs. If I'm going to lose my hair, I want a perfect wig for the hairstyle that I am never able to get on my own hair. Wigs are covered by insurance. I have learned the term is cranial prosthesis. I've read that many people do cut their hair right before chemo due to the fact that chemo can make you lose hair in clumps. Barry said he wants long haired wig. Don't think that will happen! A nice strawberry colored bob wig will do just fine.

I also got Tim some track shoes since track starts next week. Tim and I ate out together and took our sundaes to go.

All in all, a good day. Time to spend with family is so important. I continue to get such nice emails from family and friends. I certainly do feel the power of prayer.

No comments: