Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Test results are in/Food party at work

At about noon, I got the test results of the CT scans and bone scan. All are NORMAL. What a relief. My whole weekend consisted of things going over in my head. Not being able to sleep is tiring me down. Even after hearing those words, hard to comprehend anything. Head just spins and I go through the motions. I continue to be a positive person as that is so important now.

It's also a food party day at work. Systems and us got together to celebrate spring. Or perhaps, just to celebrate life. Truly good people are out there to help us along any path that comes our way.

Surgery is set for tomorrow.

Per Mom Kaminske's request/suggestion Tim and I visit with Fr. Philip at St. Camillus Church for Sacrament of the anointing of the sick. Wasn't sure how Tim would handle this but he's a real trouper. It was a very powerful experience. I had never thought of doing this. Never thought that Tim would have to participate in such an event. But he continues to be my strength. I can't explain it, but that evening I felt such a calmness come over me. Went to bed without shedding a tear.

I continue to read 2 inspirational books each night. The passages are just long or short enough.
And for some strange reason, usually have to do with what I am going through. Tonight the passage was the power of prayer. I don't consider myself a holier than thow person, but do feel such strength in God, especially through upbeat Christian songs. I don't go around preaching, but I do go around spreading goodness and being positive.

No comments: