Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Lumpectomy

Barry and I got to the hospital for 7 a.m. Hopefully Tim will get up and out of bed on time for bus. I have the faith he will. I kissed him good bye at 6:15 a.m.

The nurses and dr. greeted us once again. Familiar faces seem so good. And my buddy Chris was there. I told him that Barry said I would do anything to see him again. His remark was that he would have someone else medicate me, since Barry was bigger than him. Just a cool guy.
And you can see through his surgical cap that they wear, he is balding on top but who cares..

I was second in line for surgery with Dr. Henwood. I didn't get started until about 7:45 a.m. from what I remember. This time I was brought into operating room and moved to the other table. Chris told me to think of something nice to dream of, I told him it would be a cruise.
He mentioned that he had never been on one before. That was the last thing I remember before waking up in recovery.

I think it was about 10:10 a.m. when I was coming to. I didn't feel as dizzy this time in coming out of the anesthesia for some reason. But I did feel more sore this time. Dr. Henwood stopped by, I asked him about recovery and he said to stay out of work for a week. He had taken a larger area out this time, a larger incision. Barry was eventually brought in to sit with me. I had my glass of apple juice.

Not sure of the time, but I was given directions again for the care and treatment of the incision and was let go. Barry ran in to D'Onofrios for some good hot soup. It was such a long ride home this time from hospital. I was sore and in need of going to the bathroom. Couldn't wait to run into the bathroom, or should I say quickly walk into the bathroom.

Barry went to drugstore to fill prescription for painkiller. I called family and work to quickly tell them that I was home. It was now about noon. After he returned, I took one pill and got into my jammies. Boy, do I love my jammies and my bed. They are such good friends.

Wasn't able to sleep much due to the soreness and location of the incision. More sore than 2 weeks ago. But that's due to it not having been healed and bigger area.

Dr. Henwood said results of biopsy will be next Monday/Tuesday. My next follow up appt. is 9 a.m. on 3/29/05.

Flowers from Amy Perell, FNB Branch manager are delivered to me.

6 p.m. Marian LeJeune and Becky Hoppe stop by with gifts. Visit for about 1/2 hr.

Barry delivers Combine Bros. to Tim and me. Mmm. What a treat.

Nights continue to be sleepless. Sleeping pill helps for a few hrs.

No comments: