Monday, March 21, 2005

Day of testing at hospital

I went to UPMC in the morning for 3 different tests. CT scans of abdomin and chest, along with bone scan. I had to drink some milky type liquid for one test, and an injection in my arm for the other. One of the side effects of the injection I was told my the nurse and Maureen was this:
don't be surprised if your ears get hot or your crotch area gets hot! The nurse said that if it happened, just enjoy. If not, sorry. I am happy to say that the crotch area got hot for awhile.
Might as well have something good come out of a test!

I had asked Dr. Henwood for sleeping pill and he called in one for me. Will pick it up after work today. Can you believe ambien was not covered by my insurance. Heck, you can buy illegal drugs on street corners but not ambien by prescription.

The bone scan involved having some radioactive stuff put in my vein and to return in 4 hrs. for the actual 1 hr. scan. I could drink or eat anything in between. I immediately went to Burger King. And no, I did not get any soda to drink Tim! I gave that up for Lent. And since we are being honest, I have to admit that I went off the wagon once or twice and had some soda. Must have been the devil.

The bone scan involved laying flat on my back without moving for about an hr. as the machine slowly scanned my body. And slowly is the key word. I didn't move an inch. They even taped up my feet to keep them still.

After the scan, I went home and didn't go back to work. A very tiring day, mostly mentally.
The results would be sent to Dr. Henwood as soon as possible.

No comments: