Thursday, March 17, 2005

My cancer has a name Metaplastic carcinoma

I had called Dr. Wright's office during the day. I wanted her to know that I had cancer since she had read the prior report from radiologist. If anything, I wanted her to know that they were wrong.

She had the recent biopsy report and gave me the names of the cancer. For the first time, my cancer had a name besides cancer.

The bulk of the tumor is metaplastic carcinoma (invasive) and ductal carcinoma in situ (in situ, stays within the duct) . Invasive cancer travels and therefore is a threat.

She had all breast reports and told me that nothing appears in the right breast in the reports.
Eventually, just for my own head I am going to ask for these reports. Just shows how fast this cancer can spread/grow.

Since my cousin Diane had just called me, I wanted her to know the type of cancer. Just wanted to see if the same due to family involvement. It wasn't.

I then surfed the web for information on this type of cancer. Actually it appears to be rare, only 1 percent of diagnosed people have it. Just a lucky person I guess.

No comments: