Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Results are in!

I slept good last night. When I woke up, I did such a good stretch from head to toe. Can't remember when I last did that. Just layed there and stretched.

Went to see Dr. Henwood at 9 a.m. and he confirmed that the biopsy showed clear margin! The result that I've been praying for. The past two or so weeks have been so hectic on my brain, everything I think is geared toward one subject. But I know I'm heading in the right direction.
The next step, as Dr. Garrow (oncologist) had previously mentioned to me, will be removal of lymph nodes under my arm: (axillary lymph node dissection, in which the surgeon removes a number of lymph nodes from under the arm and has them examined by a pathologist for cancer cells.) And to stay on track, I am having this 3rd sugery this month done tomorrow at about noon. This will involve placing a drain/port in me, and having it drain for about 3-5 days. He said that I may have to stay overnight at hospital, that will depend on how I make out in recovery. So, I am prepared for that. Have made arrangements for Tim to stay overnight at Ben's house just in case.

After the appt., I made calls to family to once again tell them the updated news. I stopped in at the Bank to say hi to the department, Chrys, Leya and Linda. Gave and received lots of hugs/positive energy.

Tim wanted to go to volleyball game tonight at school. Lisa was kind to take him there along with Ben. When I got on the phone with her, I broke down. This is been such a stressful couple of weeks, non stop motion. I am positive but my new friend Linda has assured me that it's OK to cry. It's something that I deserve to do. I told Lisa that I just needed to sleep for awhile and she was so kind to me.

After a one hr. restful nap, Tim went to the game for couple of hours. I went to Wal Mart as I wanted to pick up some candy for the staff at Edgewood Hospital tomorrow. They have been so kind and caring this month to me.

I am so pleased that everyone is enjoying my blog. It is good therapy to be able to write things down. One year from now I will look back at this time and say "WOW, I made it."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...see, I told you things would work out. It must be the "hot tub" therapy you're using.
TimBa

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I'm glad your test came back good, and that I hope you are doing alright!

<3 Stephanie