Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Surgery to remove the lump

We had to be at Edgewood Surgical Hospital at 7:30. The highlight of this day was the anesthesiologist called Chris. He did Barry's meds when he had surgery there a few months ago. It's not that he is gorgeous, but just seems to be a nice and caring guy. Most of the same nurses were there that day. You feel like you have your own private care at this day hospital.
I think the procedure was about 3o minutes or so. Chris would come over toward me, take the 2 vials out of his pocket and say "I've got some good stuff for you." Very cool as he clicked his fingers on the vial. I told him that he must be life of a party.

It wasn't even 5 seconds after the anesthesia went in that I was mumbling something about good whisky sour. This comment had to do with getting nicely drunk in Cleveland the night before we left for Az. And believe me, it was a nice drunk!

Next thing I remember was trying to wake up in recovery. I could see Dr. Henwood sitting down and reading something. Nancy, a nurse would ask how I was doing. Very hard trying to wake up, but when you close your eyes you would be dizzy. A struggle. Eventually they brought Barry in to sit next to me. Dr. Henwood had told Barry that the tissue would be sent for biopsy.

On our way home, Barry stopped at D'Onofrios grocery store for some soup. Nice hot soup.
As soon as I got home, I ate some and Barry went to get my prescription filled.

I must say that I felt pretty good after going through this surgery. I attempted to sleep in the afternoon, but it was difficult due to bandaging on my chest area.

No comments: