Friday, June 22, 2007

Chemo returns today

My appt. for blood work and dr. appt was at 9:20 a.m. I didn't get through the treatment until 2 p.m. A long day after a long and busy day yesterday. My blood tests are in the reference range which is perfect. No low levels, one was even a bit better than last test. Dr. G. gave me antibiotic cream for my zits on my head. Unfortunately it applies as a cream but leaves the wet look on the head. Not attractive. And it's best to have it uncovered for the air. But vanity is not a top concern for me. I did take a cat nap or two while there since they have limited channels and the benadryl was getting to me. Today I was given Taxol and Avastin as the drugs of choice.

Right after the appt. I went and picked up the mail at Post Office that had been held, and then went to drugstore for my prescription to be filled. Couldn't wait for that. Had a hot dog that Barry cooked for lunch and lied down. Only slept for about an hr. since phone call woke me up.

This afternoon my head is extremely cluttered/not focused. Even when you feel good and come back from vacation it's hard to sort out things, get up to date with laundry and mail to name a couple of things. Barry cooked some boneless chicken breasts on grill for dinner. They were so good. I have to just take it one step at a time, not think everything has to be done today. Was thankful that Tim did unload the dishwasher while I was gone this a.m. Every little thing helps.

But am pleased to announce that I have no nausea at all. Very blessed.

We did decide that we won't travel to Michigan this next week. Too much, and you never know exactly how a treatment will go. Just a bit too much to handle right now. Barry has said that there is lots to do around the house.

When I get more focused I will post pictures. It truly was a great vacation. Nothing beats time spent with family.

No comments: