Sunday, June 03, 2007

Update on second chemo Taxol

Geez, if I don't blog soon I'm going to forget everything that happened this weekend.
Yesterday was actually a good day. Barry and I did some clothes shopping for him while Tim reffed two soccer games. Then we went shopping for new laptop. The one we had was about 6 years old and it was working like it was a dial up computer. Time to replace it. Even went out to lunch. As we were going into the restaurant, the guys made fun of me. They had not told me that the fruit punch drink I had been drinking, had made a nice huge moustache stain on my mouth/lips. Never said a word when we were shopping. Said it looked like I was a clown that didn't know how to put lipstick on! You should have seen the amount of red I swiped off my mouth onto my shirt... Nice guys.

Came home, attempted to nap, but the steroids wouldn't let me. Even though I felt very tired.

Can't remember what I did later in day. Sorry.

This a.m. at about 3:30 a.m. I woke up with very achy legs/hurt to stretch them out. Figured that was caused by bone strengthening meds I was given on Friday. Took some tylenol and eventually fell back to sleep. Even my left fingers were sore. But no fever as the doctor had said I could have got.

We went to 8 a.m. mass as I was eucharistic minister. Had been a couple of weeks since going to church with everything happening. I couldn't get home fast enough. By 9:30 I was back in my jammies since my legs/fingers still were sore. I slept until noon. Barry and Tim went shopping while I was asleep.

I took Tim to his soccer game in afternoon. And boy did it rain. But it did let up after awhile and they were able to play the game. I sat with Lisa and Mike, which was nice. By that time I had felt a bit better, not as achy.

After the game, I took another nap.

My legs are starting to ache a bit now, along with my lower back. Have taken some more tylenol. I do feel better than last week at this time I think. Have to realize that pain means the meds are working to strengthen the bones.

Plan is to make appt. with surgeon this week to have port placed in my collarbone area for chemo treatments.

Tim's got just a few more days left of school. Am very proud of his accomplishments, especially knowing what he's been through the past couple of years.

No comments: