Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Having a port "inserted" tomorrow. What a vacation...

Now what better way is there to spend your summer vacation but to insert a port for chemo. Have to be at hospital at 11:30 a.m. tomorrow and the procedure will be at 1:30 p.m.

Head continues to ache from the zits that are popping out on my head. On another topic, I did have my teeth checked out for sensitivity issues. Had a fluroride treatment and have been told to use sensodyne along with regular toothpaste. Getting all my appts. done while on vacation. Lucky me.

But the port should work out for me in the long run. Especially with weekly chemo, and only one arm able to use for BP and IV's due to lymph nodes removed on the other arm.
-----------------------------------------
Port:

An implanted device through which blood may be withdrawn and drugs may be infused without repeated needle sticks. Also called a port-a-cath.

No comments: