Thursday, June 07, 2007

It's just hair....

and it's like clockwork. 2 weeks from first chemo and it's starting to come out. Didn't run to get it shaved today 'cause I had graduation to go to. Amazing how fast it changes. Earlier this a.m. I was doing the "pull" test, no strands of hair. Then lunch, it comes out. Powerful drugs. But I do know that it does grow back.

Graduation was really nice. Tim's girlfriend graduated, along with other kids we knew. And an unexpected treat was to see my friend Becky there. Her son graduated tonight. I had been sitting by myself and she invited me to join her family. Tim sat with his friends. So it was really nice.

Well, tomorrow is chemo #3 and I'll be getting a new drug this time, avistin. First time for me. Hoping for no side effects (except some shrinkage of tumor!).

Night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for adding to our family tonight at the graduation. heck you are family. and i got through without any tears. thanks for sitting with us. i know my mom was happy to have you with us.
love ya
becky