Sunday, June 10, 2007

We've had no internet since Friday p.m.

We had a storm come through our town Friday p.m., and have had no internet since. I felt so bad cause I know people are concerned on how my chemo went Friday a.m.

My girl friend Joanne brought me. Actually first thing in the a.m., Barry, Tim and I went strawberry picking. Not many to pick, but at least we got a taste of them.
Then we went out for breakfast.

This treatment on Friday included Taxol and the new drug avastin, given to stop the blood flow to the tumor. The new drug took 90 mins. by IV, future treamtments won't be as long. As soon as I got home, I went to bed. It was a longer time at the Cancer Center this day, very tiring. I got woken up shortly after by the storm coming through. And boy was it a big storm. Lost a huge tree. It fell directly on the pad we had built which will be holding our new shed. Am quite thankful that the shed had not been built yet!

Saturday consisted of picking up twigs and debris from storm, taking Tim to soccer game, and attending 2 graduation parties. The parties were really nice. Lots of food, and I was able to gain a couple of lbs. which was good.

This a.m. I slept in. For some reason, my thumb aches like heck after each treatment, usually about the Sunday following it. And today was no different. Feels a bit better now.

Tim had 2 more graduation parties to attend today, but with a soccer game in the middle of both it was impossible to do it all. Instead of rushing to go for 20 mins. to one of them before the game, we both took naps. I did a bit too much yesterday in going to both parties. And today it caught up to me.

Well, as I said before. We still have no internet but am borrowing an internet connection to type my blog.

This week is no chemo. Yeah. We leave for Cape Cod this weekend for a short visit. Need to be back for my next chemo on the 22nd. I am so looking forward to seeing my family and to enjoy some seafood. I am so anxious to get away and to be with family.

No comments: