Thursday, September 22, 2005

Barry had PET/CT scan this morning. Was there for a couple of hours. So that is out of the way. Then he treated himself to Golden Corral restaurant which just opened this week.

I brought my camera to my treatment today. A woman who gets radiation after me asked why I had camera. She couldn't understand why I would take pictures. I explained that this is part of my life. Told her that I also took pictures of my last chemo treatment. So many people only know these words, and have no knowledge of what it is or what the machine can look like. It is therapy for me and also a chance to educate others. These are not the best days of my life, but they are part of my life. I will take more pictures next week as I want a clearer picture of the "monster" machine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane -

I'm so glad that you posted these pictures for people to "see" what radiation really is. Makes it seem less "unknown" and less frightening.

I have been praying today for Barry, and will continue to do so. Please know you are BOTH in my prayers. Try to enjoy this weekend and not think about the upcoming results.

Your friend - J

Anonymous said...

Ok Barry, Which buffet was better?
The Golden Corral or the "Dow Jones Free American Express Card in house brought to you by 2 fine elderly good cooks to the Dow Jones Plant Buffet"?

We wish you the best Mr.Bossman