Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Lots of emotions

This week Barry's been feeling pain beneath his right ribs, area that caused discomfort in the beginning. For some reason, he always seemed to have minimum pain the week he would be getting chemo. And this would be the third week. I called the cancer center to get word to Dr. Garrow. Since the doctor was at the hospital, I told the nurse his symptoms. The pain has been increasing each day for him.

When he went for his blood work today, he was given prescription for pain along with a steroid. By afternoon, the pain had subsided and he was going to hold off on the meds. He is scheduled for the PET scan at 9 a.m. tomorrow followed by the CT scan. It will take about 4 days for the results to be given to Dr. Garrow.

When I went for my 27th rad today, I was told that tomorrow would be my last rad that will cover the whole right breast area. I will not have radiation Friday. After my treatment I was given another CT scan so that the dosimetrist can properly plan where the "boost" will be given. This is essential. If the planning goes on schedule, I will have my first boost on Monday. These rads are direct hits on the scar/tumor area and last only seconds. I will know later how many days it will cover. Probably less than a week.

As I log off I ask that everyone who reads my blog to send positive thoughts and prayers our way. Tomorrow will probably be the start of a few anxious days. I have to believe that it's all in God's hands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Bless you all and Barry too.
Barry is a good Father, Good Husband and the Greatest Boss we have ever had at work...he is one of us.......If we have a problem, He takes it to heart and figures out the solution. No one is beneath him at work........he is everyons friend and BOSS.........
Thanks Barry for being with us and it better be a long time till you have to retire!! We need you.
"The DJ Crew"

Anonymous said...

our most positive thoughts and prayers are with you for the next few days and always. Good luck and take care....gerry, fred, gary and todd......