Sunday, September 18, 2005

Beginning my 6th week of radiation

I had good intentions of getting up early today, but since it took me a couple of hours to get to sleep last night it didn't work. I had soda for dinner last night, and I had not been drinking that for a long time. And it must have had caffeine. After a couple of hours just laying in bed, I took my ativan to sleep. It worked and I rolled out of bed at about 11.

Tim and I cut the lawn.

Barry went to work and Tim and I went to neighborhood picnic afterwards. There must have been about 30 people there. Lots of tasty food. It was nice seeing everyone. But I think this will be my last time to bring Tim. He was out of place there, an odd age since the kids there were mostly elementary age. No other teenagers. Probably the last time he'll come with me. So many neighbors came up to me and asked how Barry and I were doing. At one point a neighbor I didn't even know came to me and said that we were in her prayers. It was right after the blessing of the meal. It just hit me and I tried to hide my tears. Believe me I am a positive person but also a very emotional person. It's been a long journey for me but Barry's journey is still going on. I focus on his health especially with his scans being done this week. What I've gone through is nothing compared to what he is going through. And he takes each day with such strength.

After a couple of hours we left.

As Tim did his homework, I scooted to the store for some odds and ends. Barry was out of bananas and that is one thing he likes to eat daily.

Was a gorgeous day here. And hopefully the week will be the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane,
Thinking of you and Barry this week. What a nice guy your husband is and he sure is a big strong guy with a great spirit and sense of humor.
We will be praying for him this week that his scans are good news.
bj

Anonymous said...

Jane, your strength amazes me. As I have said many times before, the three of you are in my thoughts and prayers.......especially, Barry......good luck to you Barry with your scans.....take care all of you.....gerry