Thursday, May 17, 2007

Biopsy is done

After Barry had his weekly blood drawn at the Cancer Center, we went to the hospital at noon. It was 1:25 p.m. when I was wheeled into the operating room. By the time I scooted over to the table, I was out like the light. Next thing I knew I was coming to in the recovery room.

But let me backtrack a bit. When we arrived in the hospital room, I had to put the gorgeous gown on. This traumatized Barry so much! to see my naked body... Every inch of flab. His eyes burned. I told him needed to ask for a pain killer to help him out! It's this kind of laughter that keeps us together and going.

Results won't be ready until perhaps Tuesday. And this is good estimate since previous patholgy tests I've had took that long. They sent me on my way home with a percocit. (which reminds me it's time for another pill)

We got home at about 4:30 p.m. I was anxious to see how Tim did on his try out for Drum Major. He unfortunately did not get the position. He was pleased for the boy that got it, and that just shows the kind of person Tim is. In my heart I thought he would have selected, but I was wrong. Wasn't meant to be. Better things will come his way I'm sure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane: I am glad yesterday is behind you, and will be thinking of you this weekend as you "wait it out". Those mind games can be torture. I pray that you feel peace, and that your pain has been stabilized.

I just had to laugh with you, in your mentioning your humorous gown change. Good for you guys to try to laugh through this. :-)

Tell Tim better luck next year. Maybe now he knows what to expect, and will have this experience to draw on.

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

...naked body? How did I miss that!!!!!!

TimBa

Anonymous said...

thinking of you...
love,
aileen

Anonymous said...

Jane,
Thinking of you. Oh boy, those days of flashing the men take lots more clothes and effort these days, my dear! WE just need more accessories now. LOL
Sean was sad Tim did not get drum major so were many other band members... :( he would such a great leader in that position with his sense of humor and balance to the band.
hugs, bj