Sunday, May 20, 2007

People ask my how Tim's doing?

People ask me how Tim's doing? Can't really answer that question. He's a kid, on top of that he's male. But this is what makes up my son.

I needed him to take me to the store for some groceries. He said "one sec. I'm looking up a recipe online." Came downstairs and told me that he couldn't find what he was looking for. I asked him what it was? He told me it was a chicken spicy dish over rice that Lisa has made for him a couple of times. To his surprise, and to mine (since I had not lost it), I found it printed out next to my computer.

So you guessed it, we went to the store and then Tim made the chicken thai dish. A bit spicy for me (said he will tone it down next time, add more soy sauce) but it was still delicious. His friend Ben and girlfriend stopped by to invite him for ice cream, he declined saying "he was making dinner!"

This was such a caring gesture that he did for me today. I think he's kind of special..

Also, he walked in a Cystic fybrosis walk-a-thon today on a team for a friend of ours daugher, Clare. His friend had asked him to awhile back, and he jumped at the opportunity. Had a great time, and it was certainly a great cause. Great job, Clare and family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am stunned with the pictures of your tumor! You're right, a picture is worth a thousand words! Our prayers and thoughts are with you all through this next battle. I did the Avon Walk this week-end and you were with me every step of the way. (A total of 31 miles for me) I can only hope that the monies raised will lead to an end to all that you and others have to go through. A cure and nothing less! Your son is also an inspiration! What a giving, generous young man you and Barry have raised! (Not to mention handsome! What great Prom pictures!) You two are truly blessed! Keep up your spirit and your positive attitude. We are pulling for you always!

Love, Wendy, Matt & Kids