Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pain returns for a visit

As bad as I'm feeling tonight, couldn't go to bed without an update. Had good day at job, accomplished a lot, people were so kind. They called me an inspiration. Felt good.

Had hair cut after work at about 6 p.m. Tim went to school function at about 6:45 p.m. I headed to mall and grocery store. By the time I was leaving town, the pain was slowly coming back to my chest. It was the longest 1 hr. 10 min. trip that I've had lately. Had not brought any meds, but had bought tylenol in store. I don't know how I made it home with the pain.

Quickly took meds (called oncologist for drug recommendation) consisting of vicadin. Just quietly layed on couch watching tv On drive home I was trying to do breathing exercises to make the pain less.

Meds are kicking in now, off to bed. Scary now since I now know the pain is caused by cancer. For sure, the pain meds have to come with me on trips. Am hoping to work tomorrow, but time will tell.

Night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Jane, I am a friend of your sister's from Milford, MA. She talks about you often. I also am a Reiki Master.(I also grew up in Allentown, PA so I'm from that area where you are now). Are you familiar with Reiki? It's all about energy. And because it's energy I have the ability of "sending" it distantly. Would it be ok if I sent you Reiki when I do my distant energy sends? You don't have to do anything. It will just flow your way. It may bring you some relief to pain, it may just help you to get through a day. You won't feel anything but it will be there. But I can't send it without your permission, it's just the way of the ancient Japanese beliefs. Email me at reneedc@yahoo.com and let me know if it's ok and I'll start sending. I try to send every night before I go to bed.

Blessings be, my heart hears your pain!

Renee

Stephanie said...

Hi Aunt Jane

I hope that your pain goes away and I just wanted you to know that you are in me, my mom and dad's thoughts all the time! We love you!

mknotts said...

REST UP TONIGHT FOR THE BIG DAY TOMORROW AND I DO THANK YOUR FRIEND FOR GOING WITH U TOMORROW WHEN U RESTART CHEMO-SORRY I DON'T KNOW YOUR NAME BUT JANE'S FAMILY DOES APPRECIATE ANY SUPPORT GIVEN TO HER-EVEN THE PROVIDER OF THE HOT CHICKEN DINNER TONIGHT!SHE,TIM,AND BARRY LOVE ALL OF u!!AND MAY THE IV NURSE FIND A SUPERB VEIN!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow, Jane. I'm praying for you....gerry