Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Update on my health

I actually did sleep through the whole night. Surprised me. Have spoken to both my medical dr. and oncologist first thing this a.m. I am scheduled for head ct scan at 8 a.m. tomorrow. The recent bone scan and the one from 2 years ago show similar spot on the front head skull, but this is also reason for tomorrow's test. Just to be on safe side. Oncologist pleased that bone scan showed no cancer in bones. The biopsy will be done Thursday p.m., time unknown right now.

By noon I was feeling the effect of the morphine med, a bit light headed/loopy as they say. After eating a quick lunch, I went to bed and slept for almost 3 hrs. The dr. has said to take the vicadin in between meds, but I will try not to do that. I don't like the feeling of not being clear in the mind. I have an appt. for next Tuesday with oncologist, hopefully he will have results of biopsy which usually takes 3-4 days. I couldn't believe that my oncologist had not been sent any test results, as I was told they had been. They were going to follow up on that today.

sorry for no prom pics. Haven't downloaded anything. Eventually.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane: I like the idea of being "on the safe side" and having that head CT done. I know how anxious those tests can make you ... I hope you will be able to rest tonight and tomorrow. I'll certainly be praying for you. How is your pain management?

There is NO excuse for those doctors not informing your oncologist of your situation. The last thing you need right now is a bunch of incompetant doctors to be worrying about (whether or not they are doing what they should be.) At this point, it is shame on them. It makes me angry that you have that stress to deal with too. They need to be accountable for their actions - or rather, inactions. If I were you, I would be heading south. When you and Ann connect, she can recommend her doctors if you like. She has the best of the best now, having learned (like you) the hard way.

Please know we are praying for you. May peace find its way to you this evening.

Much love, JK

Anonymous said...

Jane, Good luck tomorrow....You, Barry and Tim are always in my thoughts and prayers....gerry

Anonymous said...

Jane,
Thinking of you and praying for
you through this difficult "wait"...
bj