Monday, May 21, 2007

A plan....

Definition of plan:

A scheme, program, or method worked out beforehand for the accomplishment of an objective: a plan of attack.

Today I/we began my plan. This was done by going to our church and for the second time we both got the blessing of the sick.

Definition:

The Catholic Church sees the effects of the sacrament as follows. As the sacrament of Marriage gives grace for the married state, the sacrament of Anointing of the Sick gives grace for the state into which people enter through sickness. Through the sacrament is given a gift of the Holy Spirit that renews confidence and faith in God and strengthens against temptations to discouragement and anguish at the thought of death and the struggle of death. It thus leads to spiritual healing with forgiveness of sins and, sometimes, to bodily healing as well.

The oil used in the sacrament is usually olive oil, though other vegetable oil may also be used (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1513). It is blessed by the bishop of the diocese at the Chrism Mass he celebrates on Holy Thursday or on a day close to it. In case of necessity, the priest administering the sacrament may bless the oil within the framework of the celebration (Code of Canon Law, canon 999).

In the Roman Rite of the Western Catholic Church, the priest anoints the sick person's forehead with oil (usually in the form of a cross), saying: "Through this holy anointing, may the Lord in his love and mercy help you with the grace of the Holy Spirit." He then anoints the hands, saying, "May the Lord who frees you from sin save you and raise you up." He may also, in accordance with local culture and traditions, and the needs of the sick person, anoint other parts of the body, but without repeating the sacramental formula.

A positive step taken for our plan.

We see oncologist tomorrow at 2 p.m.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe you have the strength to carry out your plan. My belief is also that this plan will have a positive outcome. That is my hope and prayer for you.

Anonymous said...

ok you know how bad I am at the computer, since I forgot my password I have to write under anonymous, thus I must remember to put my name. Your every nutty friend,
Becky

Anonymous said...

a PLAN...when you are weak God will lift you and so will your family and friends. We all are praying for you, Barry and Tim.

Thank you, Jane, for being all God has called you to be-you are appreciated more than you will ever know by all who care and love you.

"I thank God every time I remember you". Phillippians 1:3

bj