Monday, October 15, 2007

Can't wait for Wednesday to meet cyberknife.

I did what I should have done last Friday. I reported the nurse to the Director of the Cancer Center today about her unprofessional behavior. And within minutes, she called me back. Told me that Dr. G wanted to have me come into the office and examine the tumor and scab area. So I left work and went to see him. He had someone from the Wound Center cover it up with double sided silicone tape, and then taped gauze on it. Just having gauze on it was not a good idea because as it could leak, the gauze would stick to the scab and possibly have it come off. Keeping the scab on is very important. So I'm glad I went. He was not aware of the nurse's comments so I filled him in on it. And I have to thank my buddies for telling me what I should have done last Friday. The best thing about this visit was when the doctor's office from Pittsburgh called to tell me that insurance would cover the cyberknife radiation. News that I needed to hear.

PS Flowers and friendship are priceless especially during hard times. Thank you.
These past couple of weeks have been so difficult. Especially glad for the support I have at my job. As I told my dad tonight, my boss and co-workers have been a wonderful support system on a daily basis. He agrees that it was the best move I could have made!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, So excited to hear about the cyberknife. Sometimes our insurance actually comes through!!! When you least expect it!!! Lisa

Anonymous said...

THANKS TO ALL OF JANE'S EXTENDED "FAMILY BUDDIES" WHILE WE CAN'T BE NEAR HER!! LOVE U ALL
moe and family p.s. get the knife sharpened""